How would you (as an owner) answer the following questions:
- Who will be the next owner of my business?
- Who will be the next leader?
- How will I meet my income needs as I decrease my involvement in my business?
- How can I create financial independence outside my business?
- How should I plan for my spouse’s security?
- What are the tax ramifications of my business success plan?
- What estate planning techniques can I use to reduce estate taxes that are consistent with my objectives?
- Where will my family get the cash needed to pay the unavoidable estate taxes?
- How should I treat the children who are active in the business and those who are not?
- What makes sense for my children’s spouses?
Typically, these are emotional and uncomfortable topics for parties directly involved to discuss openly. This results in the business owner becoming isolated in the decision-making process.
WealthGuard Advisory Group, LLC acts as an objective third party, where we serve as a buffer, which is especially useful in cases where there is confusion; or the potential for conflict among family members or between family and a loyal employee.